This week we have a special treat. Rose Zellmer of GimmeTasty.com is sharing her amazing recipe for Paleo Lava Cake with Molten Chocolate. I don’t know about you, but lava cake is one of my favorites and I am thrilled I won’t have to give it up now that I’m Paleo. Thank you Rose! You are my hero!
Holidays, birthdays, and other special occasions endlessly happen every year! Aside from the delight and love that clamor on all of these special days, one thing that they share in common is that each is celebrated with a cake! Because cakes are always present, I would like to share to you a healthy recipe that is good for all occasions! Simple, easy, and affordable, Paleo Lava Cake will surely become one of your favorites!
So here's how you do it:
As for this recipe, you can make a yield of 2. But you are free to adjust them depending on the number of persons you intend to share with.
1/2 cup 7 ounces chocolate chips
2 1/2 tablespoons (70 g) salted butter
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1 tablespoons almond flour, fine-ground
1 1/2 tablespoons coconut sugar
1/2 heaping tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
Pinch fine-grain salt
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
Unsweetened cocoa powder
- First of all, generously grease the butter unto the 2 7 oz. ramekins. Set aside.
- As for my favorite part, get the butter and chocolate chips and melt them using a double boiler or a pan with a heatproof bowl on top. Set the fire to low heat. Using a spatula, stir the butter and chocolate thoroughly until they appear smooth and completely blended.
- Remove the Choco and butter from the heat and set them aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, as the chocolate butter mixture cools, start preparing the rest of the ingredients. In a bowl, mix the cacao powder, almond flour, and salt. You can use a fork to stir them well. Set aside.
- In another bowl, start whisking the coconut sugar, egg, egg yolk, and vanilla together until they appear frothy.
- The next part would be quite messy and sticky. Combine the chocolate butter and egg mixture using a spatula. Add the almond mixture to the whisked chocolate and egg. Use a rubber spatula to transfer and fold the chocolate into the egg and sugar mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to the ramekins. Make sure to pour them evenly. Also, you might encounter air bubbles that are quite annoying to the surface of your cake. To remove them, you can simply tap the counter lightly.
- Leave it uncovered for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- But here is the thing, you need to be keen on the time while waiting for it. For about 15 minutes before the entire 30 minutes is consumed, you can start adjusting the oven rack and preheat to medium-high heat or 425°F (218°C).
- Now get your baking dish, preferably it measures 4.5 by 6.5-inch. Transfer the ramekins to the dish and gradually pour some hot water. Tap or boiled water is possible as well. Pour the water until it reaches the half of the ramekins' sides.
- Cook for about 20 minutes or until the edges appears done. Don't worry if the middle part might look unfinished. The edges can already tell that your cake is ready to be served; they can serve as your signal to cease the baking time.
- Lastly, once baked, remove the ramekins and let them cool for 10 minutes.
How to Serve?
- Get the butter knife and slide it at the ramekin’s edge.
- Prepare the plate beside you. Grab the ramekin and place it upside down on the plate. Make the cake slides smoothly by tapping the bottom firmly.
- Decorate it with your preferred toppings. I think cocoa powder and raspberries will fit best to your taste buds!
- Repeat the steps with the rest.
- In case you have any leftover, store them in the fridge for 24 hours and reheat for 30 seconds in the microwave before eating.
There you go! Your very own Paleo cake with molten chocolate that lusciously flows like lava. If you have suggestions, questions, or any comments regarding my recipe, feel free to shoot it down in the comments section. Happy baking!
|I’m Rose, your ultimate food buddy! I decided to create GimmeTasty.com to showcase what I know, what I want you to know, and what I need to learn more about the fantastic world of food. I will accompany you on your delicious adventure of discovering happiness through food.