Each year I aim to relieve some of everyone’s holiday stress by making a quick & easy recipe. One that allows you to be the hit of the party without anyone knowing you whipped this up an hour before leaving the house.
I usually try to use only ingredients that can be found in your local mini-mart. Especially for those of us who tend to do things at 3 am.
However, this year I have gone Paleo and paleo ingredients are not easily found at the mini-mart. At least not yet.
But I have used only two ingredients that were already in my pantry. If they are not in yours, you can always overnight them from Amazon. (Honestly, how did anyone survive without it? Oh right, they weren’t Paleo.)
So Paleo or not, Christmas would not be Christmas without a sweet treat. Here’s a gift that you can feel good about giving. Or at least one that won’t make you feel too guilty if you keep it all for yourself.
Yields 12 Paleo Coconut Butter Cups
Adapted from Popsugar’s Vegan Almond Butter Cups
30 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
5 ounces paleo-friendly semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
2 ounces coconut butter
Sea salt for garnish (optional)
- Line a mini muffin tin with mini cupcake liners.
- Melt the chocolate with either a double boiler or in a microwave. Tip: See Melting Chocolate.
- Pour a teaspoon of the melted chocolate into the bottom of each cup and use a small spoon or brush to coat the chocolate halfway up the sides. Place tin in the freezer for 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to set. Tip: Keep the remaining chocolate warm by placing the bowl on a cookie sheet and putting it in the warm oven. (Lowest setting on the temperature gauge.)
- Scoop out a teaspoon of coconut butter and press it into the center of each cup.
- Pour a heaping teaspoon of melted chocolate on top of each cup, covering the coconut butter. Use the back of a spoon or brush to smooth it out.
- Sprinkle each cup with some sea salt.
- Place in the freezer for another 10 minutes to set. Store uneaten coconut butter cups in an airtight container in the fridge or at room temperature.