One of my favorite things about summer is stone fruit. While everyone gets all jazzed about berries (understandably so), stone fruits do not get enough attention. Sure there’s always a peach cobbler but what about all the other great uses for stone fruits? (I’m sure you see where this is going.) What about how great stone fruits can make a salad?
This recipe uses the sweet peaches to balance out the bitter arugula. It marks the perfect start to any summer meal.
Yields Serves 4
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
Inspired by Grilled Peach Salad & Mint Pesto
4 to 5 ounces baby arugula
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
4 ounces goat cheese (optional)
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 ripe peaches
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1 teaspoon raw organic honey
- Place the arugula, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, goat cheese, cherry tomatoes and sea salt in a large mixing bowl. Toss until thoroughly combined.
- Place a serving on 4 salad plates.
- Slice each peach into 12 segments. Place 6 segments on each plate.
- Sprinkle walnuts on each plate.
- Drizzle 1/4 teaspoon of honey on each plate and serve,
This post is part of the following link parties: